Saturday, December 3, 2011

Getting ready for my 1st DE/IVF....

I've waited so long to start this process.  I can't believe it's finally here.  We have our initial consult out in NC at the end of January.  I'm so excited.  My understanding is that it could take 2-3 months after the initial consult.  We are doing a split donor cycle so we need to find a donor and wait for another couple that is interested in that same donor.  Hopefully, it will go by quickly.  Back to injections, meds, etc.  I don't know what kind of drugs they use.  I'm just excited to get the process started already.  J mentioned driving up to Richmond to visit his parents the day before our appointment.  We haven't told anyone in our families what we are doing so I don't know what J will say to them.  Anyway, it's nice to be able to focus on that appointment and know I'm moving in a direction.  Luckily, I'm super busy at work so the time should go by quickly.  I have our flight booked too.  J wanted to jumpseat down but I was in fear of him not getting there.  So I bought a one way for him and round trip for me.  He can jumpseat back.  I wouldn't have even batted an eye when he mentioned jumpseating exept that we once flew from DC-NC and he left me on the plane to go to NC by myself. He finally had to rent a car and drive to Raleigh.  He couldn't get on any of the jumpseats because of the weight, if I am remembering correctly.  Anyway, the whole thing was very upsetting and this is way more important this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G