Sunday, July 10, 2011

Friends....

My best friend from home came to visit me for the 4th of July holiday.  We go to the Ribfest every year together.  We usually have a great time.  This year was a little different.  I was excited about my plans for having a baby and I shared that with her.  The first thing out of her mouth is "so it won't be yours".  I can't tell you how hurtful that was to hear and so untrue.  She kept on trying to defend her comment and kept going even though I told her it would be my baby.  She said it won't be my biological child and on and on.  I expected her to be happy for me and supportive but that went out the window with her first comment to me.  I'm sorry I said anything and now I won't be sharing that with her anymore.  As far as I'm concerned, she'll believe they are my own eggs even if they aren't.  This person will probably be a part of my life along with my children so I would prefer they don't hear that they aren't mine because of a small minded person.  J & my friend S said she is jealous.  Some ladies on the forum said the same thing too.  Maybe so but it's no excuse.  My sister adopted 2 children so are those boys not hers because she didn't give birth to them?  I've always believed they were her children.  That's what adoption is all about.  Completing your family.  Having children to love and love back.  I guess it's better to know now how she feels than further down the road.  I should have realized because as soon as I told her we were doing fertility treatments she suddenly decided that she would stop using birth control and if she got pregnant then so be it.  Why did she suddenly decide to do that?  Because I was?  Right now, I'm doing my best to take care of myself.  Working out, fertility massages, meditation, vitamins, etc.  I want to be as healthy as possible so I can carry a baby and hopefully have minimal health issues.  If my friend got pregnant she would have serious health issues since she is massively overweight.  She has health issues now so a pregnancy would only make it worse.  Anyway, I've wasted enough of my time thinking about her and her issues.  Time to move on to happier thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G