Monday, November 18, 2013

Crazy weather...

This weekend was rather scary for me.  J had to leave on Saturday and chose to drive instead of fly to DTW.  Probably a good choice since the weather was really crappy.  On Sunday I still had some errands to do so I chose to make sure I got their when the doors opened to the stores.  I got home around 11:30 and I could see that the storms were coming. I put the TV on while I made and ate some lunch.  I noticed that the satellite was not working.  I realized the storm was getting worse so I looked for local channels.  As soon as I changed the channel to 5, local news was telling me to not wait for the sirens, just seek cover in an interior room as soon as possible.  The news said a tornado was heading in my direction.  It was moving at a rate of 70 mph.  Also, there was more than one.  That first one seemed to have stopped but others were coming.  I had one foot by the basement door ready to bolt down but luckily we just had extreme winds and heavy rains. In the end, Washington, IL got totaled by mother nature.  Coal City and Frankfort (only 40 miles from me) had tornado's spotted and caused much damage.  I think 5 people were confirmed dead too.  It breaks my heart to see the destruction.  In just a matter of minutes your home and maybe even your life could be taken by mother nature. Its especially hard with the holidays starting next week.  I just can't imagine and it makes me appreciate everything I do have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G