Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trying to keep a positive attitude...

I find it so hard these days but I don't want to be sad or bitter every day.  On Monday, we found out that J's company filed for bankruptcy.  What happened 6 years ago feels like yesterday.  Is history repeating itself for us?  I wish J could just get the job of his dreams and put this all behind us.  Who knew that aviation could be so toxic.  No matter how much time he puts in, he always seems two steps back.  Just once, I want us to be on the road to success.  And if this is a setback for us, what happens to my dreams of motherhood?  J says were still going to move forward.  We really need to.  I've run out of time in waiting.  Yes, women can get pregnant later with a little help but the reality is that the older I get, the more physical things can go wrong with me and go wrong while I'm pregnant.  I eat well and exercise but this is it.  We're out of time.  On another note, I'm still waiting to find my donor.  I didn't think this would take this long.  I really want to start this by summer.  We have to use our FSA account or we'll lose all that money.  I've committed to bugging the coordinator at least once a month.  It's really all I can do.  Anyway, tt's been hard to be positive at work.  It seems that some of the people I work with are very negative.  I know these people have a lot going on at home but I really feel it's important to be able to go to work each day and enjoy your day.  I try to do that every day.  I put a smile on my face and try to be cheerful.  I am cheerful.  But that's the way I'm wired.  Some of my co-workers walk with there head down to chin and a frown from ear to ear.  Another makes cracks all day about any little thing going on.  Anyway, sometimes I feel like it's wearing me down.  It kind of puts me in a bad mood. And right now that's the last thing I need to deal with. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I'm so sorry this happened to you guys! I know what airline he must be with because my husband has been talking about this situation non-stop all week. He was with them before going to his current airline and is very worried about his classmates. If you read back to the beginning of my blog, a lot of it was about going through furlough and my husband losing his job with several airlines (hence the name of my blog). I feel like we've really been through hell with the industry, and it's hard for other people to really understand what it's like. We put our family plans on hold while all of that happened to us, and honestly, I regret that we did, since we are having issues now. You kind of can't win... Anyway, career-wise, things are a lot better for us now, so the good news is that I think that it does eventually get better. Now we just have the family/baby issue to contend with. Good luck to you guys, and I hope your husband's airline career works out and that we both have babies soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittney!! I took a look at some of your older posts and our husbands both worked for ACA/IA. Small world. Anyway, I'm trying to look at this as a blessing becuase it is lighting a fire under him to do something now. Waiting for the family is also my biggest regret but in all honesty we couldn't get professional help since fertility treatments are so expensive and we were struggling till a few years ago. We still tried naturally it just didn't happen for us. But, I'm with you, we'll both have our babies soon!

      Delete

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G