Sunday, September 25, 2011

Changes in my life....

It's been a few weeks since I've last posted.  At the end of Aug I had a appointment for a check-up.  I told my Dr. I have been feeling rather fatigued lately and generally not well.  She did some blood tests and discovered that I'm now a pre-diabetic.  I don't need meds which I'm grateful for but I have to change my diet and add 5 days of exercise into my schedule.  I've been trying really hard to watch what I eat.  I've started using sparkpeople.com again religiously.  They have a diabetic section so it's been really helpful and tomorrow, I have an appointment with a diabetic educator at the hospital.  I'm hoping they can tell me what I'm doing right or wrong. I have to use a glucose meter twice a day now.  I just never realized how much the food I choose to eat affects me.  Today was a good day for me.  My glucose after dinner was lower than when I woke up this morning.  Seems any bit of regular pasta or rice spikes my sugar level very high.  I really want to get this under control.  Its so important to me that no doctor says I'm not healthy enough to carry a baby.  I want to make sure I can move forward early next year for my next IVF.  I've waited so long for this and I can't allow anything to get in my way.

Also seem to be having some issues at work which frustrates me.  We have 2 account people I work with for a majority of the time on my team and I've tried to help them out since they sometimes seem so overwhelmed.  I've taken on some of there responsibilities in addition to my own.  As a result, the account director implied that I'm not doing a good enough job.  I've thought about it all weekend long and I'll talk to my supervisor  tomorrow about it.  I may have to give back those tasks they have come to rely on me for.  I guess it really irks me that I took on extra to help them, then get criticized by the same people I'm trying to help.  No problem though.  I'll concentrate on doing my job better and that mean they'll have to take those tasks back since it's affecting the quality of my job.  I'm worried about what they'll say to me tomorrow when I tell them but if someone is telling me that I'm not doing a great job at "my job" then I need to focus on "my job".  One of the things I really hate about my company and department is that I really don't get any promotions or incentive to strive for  Account gets promotions, creative gets promotions.  I just stay doing the same job as always.  No promotions in my department.  No rewards at all.  Right now, the only reason I'm still there is because it pays the bills and allows me to save for having my future children which is why I need to fix this situation as soon as possible.  I wish I could say I stay because it's a rewarding job and I enjoy it so much but I don't.  I haven't enjoyed it for a long time.  Someday, I hope to get into something I really enjoy doing.  Till then I'll just have to trek on with this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G