Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

So hard to believe it's been 10 years.  I remember that day well.  I grew up in NY.  My family and friends still live in NY.  I was at work in Chicago when I realized what had happened.  J was at home.  Still sleeping and safe.  I'm not sure if I was moved more because I grew up in NY.  Or maybe it was because my innocence was lost that day.  I never believed we were ever in danger of a terrorist attack that could kill over 3000 lives in one day.  I still have a hard time believing it but today it all comes back to me.  It's a reality.  Like it just happened yesterday.  J is flying today but no where near NY. So much has changed since that day.  I haven't returned to see what NYC looks like without the Twin Towers.  It will never be the same.  I grew up with those buildings as the backdrop of photos from the Staten Island Ferry and from Brooklyn Heights.  From the Statue of Liberty.  I wonder what it looks like now.  I see it on TV but that's just not the same.  Maybe it's time to visit my family.  Anyway, it feels like such a sad day today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G