Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crazy month of coming and going...

Last month, October, was one of the best months we've had so far.  J actually spent more time at home last month than in the last 2 years that he's been with this airline.  Now it's November and it's not the same.  He is home 1 full day a week for this month and definitely not home for Thanksgiving.  I'm used to being home alone and that scares me a lot.  I had never anticipated being in this state for as long as we have been.  We were supposed to be here a year and move somewhere else.  That was 12 years ago. Time sure does fly when you aren't paying attention.  I miss spending Thanksgiving with my family.  I haven't seen them in 5 years now.  We talk but it isn't the same.  Nothing can take the place of a face to face visit.  I wish it was easier.  We have 3 cats and they have medical needs that need daily attention.  I would have to take them to a kennel which is way too expensive for us right now.  Plus, I think it would be traumatizing to them.  They are all used to being here and don't like leaving.  I'm sure I'll eventually take a trip home.  Maybe for a long weekend.  Leave on a Friday and come home on a Monday.  I think I can figure out something for those days.  Anyway, that won't be until next year sometime.  This November doesn't just have J busy.  I'm busy too.  I have some goals for the remainder of the year.  I am committed to making and mailing handmade Holiday cards again.  Last year didn't end well for me and I didn't make them.  I already know what I want to do so that's half the battle.  Next, I am committed to going through each room during the week of Thanksgiving and giving it a thorough cleaning from top to bottom starting with the computer room.  That alone will bring J's and my spirits up.  That alone is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G