Friday, January 27, 2012

Crazy couple of travelling days...

We finally made our trip to NC.  I was grateful for a bunch of things.  One is the weather.  Just a few days before our trip we had a snow storm but the day we left, all was clear in the skies.  Also grateful that my hubby is a pilot.  He wore his uniform and we breezed through the employee line in no time.  It is a nice perk.  The flight was uneventful.  The car rental was a snap.  We checked into the hotel, freshened up and away we went to visit family.  It was about 3 1/2 hours to get to Richmond.  J's sisters and families joined us.  It was great to see everyone and definitely long overdue.  J's younger sister has 2 kids I never met before.  They were both so adorable as was her older kids too.  She's got her hands full but it's so worth it.  Dinner was great but short. His mom made lasagna.  There's nothing like having a home cooked meal. Before we knew it, it was 7:30 and we had to get back to Raleigh.  We made back by 11 something.  The next morning I woke up, showered, went down for some breakfast in the hotel lobby.  The clinic was only a few doors down from our hotel which was a good thing.  Apparently, they have lots of appointments at 10AM and the parking lot had no spots.  J dropped me off and he went to go and park at the hotel while I filled out the paperwork.  Turned out the doctor had emergency surgery but would be back to meet us and perform my saline ultrasound.  I was such a nervous wreck about it to.  The clinic rearranged the schedule so we did our blood work first, then met with the psychiatrist.  Then we met with the doctor and right after, I had my saline ultrasound.  The nurse noticed I was a bit nervous.  My pulse was racing and blood pressure was a bit high.  When I was told about the procedure, the lady on the phone said I would feel pressure but that's all.  Well, let me tell you, "LIARS".  It was very painful.  One sad moment for me was the doctor saying he was surprised they ever got any eggs out of my ovaries as they had no noticeable activity.  But I guess that's why this decision is the right one for us.  We both want a family.  Anyway, the doctor took lots of pictures of my uterus and said everything looked good.  After that ordeal we went back to the hotel.  I needed to lay down for a bit.  We had one more appointment after our rest and that was the education part.  That also took longer than we thought.  We got packets of information and consent forms we need to fill out and send back.  The plan is to do this over the weekend and then I can mail the forms back.  The coordinator also said to email her any of our choices for a donor.  I've gone through the list on the site and noted a few choices.  She meets the donors so she also gets an idea of good matches.  Anyway, it was an overwhelming day for both of us and I'm glad that part is over.  We went for an early dinner and then we both crashed for the night. I wound up waking up in the middle of night and never fully got back to sleep.  Luckily for us, other than a rainstorm on the way to airport, the trip home was equally uneventful.  Just how we both like it.  Next steps paperwork and donor selection.  Yippee!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you got the ball rolling and started the process. I'm really hoping this works for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G