Monday, April 30, 2012

More roadblocks...

Infertilty week seems to have gone by.  I've read quite a few blog posts and so much of it reminds me of my life.  These last few weeks have been difficult.  J hasn't been doing well since his training ended on 4/5.  The sim broke and he didn't finish his check ride.  He finally came home a few days later and no one from the company has called him back with his new training date since then.  Anyway, a few weeks ago, J took a 5 hour energy and then another herbal supplement to help get him up and out of bed.  He's been depressed and thought that this would help and he would get back on a schedule.  Anyway, I get to work and it's about 8:45AM and he calls saying he's sick.  His heart is beating out of his chest and he thinks he's going to pass out.  I rushed home and he was pacing around the house.  Finally, he decided to go to the emergency room.  They determined that he wasn't having a heart attack and after about 5-6 hours his vitals were going back to normal.  Blood pressure, heart rate etc.  The Dr. wanted him to stay overnight but J declined since he was feeling better anyway.  So we went home and he called ALPA aeromedical the next day.  They were upset that he left the hospital AMA.  They said he needed to go for a followup.  Stress test, etc.  Well, he failed the stress test and now has to do a Nuclear (not sure if this is actually how it's spelled) test.  Basically, it's the same as the stress test except after they inject a radioactive dye and take xrays.  I'm really praying it comes out normal and he can go back to work.  Otherwise he needs to do a more invasive test (angiogram) and he would probably have to go on disability for about 3 months minimum.  He has disability but this would hurt us financially.  Not to mention that I don't want anything to be wrong with him.  I want him to be ok.  This has really scared me.  On Friday evening we were going for a drive and he got hit with the reality of what disability would do to us.  He doesn't want to put off the fertility treatments either. We are way past putting this off anymore. For years we put it off because of his career, money issues, etc.  When we did actually start trying and couldn't get pregnant, we didn't have the money for treatments.  I have a phone consult with a clinic in Mount Pleasant, SC.  They have an egg donor study right now that I qualify for and we can afford to do this without any loans.  After my consult, I'll be able to look at the donor database.  To do the study, I have to be a secondary recipient so hopefully, they have donors I would want to use.  In fact, this is the only option we have right now to do this.  I'm just praying it's the right choice for us.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear about your latest setback! My husband is constantly worried about passing his medical and I've seen him refuse to go to the doctor over things he probably should see one for, it really sucks! I hope he is back flying soon so you guys are back on track with your TTC dreams!

    ReplyDelete

KitchenAid KSM150PSCU Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - Contour Silver

ASUS Touchscreen 14" Flip 2-in-1 Chromebook (Latest Model), Full HD Display, Intel Core M3-8100Y, 8G